Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Available for a small hourly fee, Water Street Art Gallery welcomes area artists to reserve our classroom for arts education classes. For details and reservations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How excited we are to announce that as of today, Water Street Art Gallery is officially open for business! Lots of work has gone into getting the gallery and classroom ready and how proud we are of the results of everyone's hard work.
Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. with open studio on Thursday evenings.
Be sure to check back regularly for events that will happen throughout the year.
Why not come by sometime soon to see the newest fine art gallery in Northeast Oklahoma: Water Street Art Gallery in downtown Sapulpa!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Water Street Gallery proudly announces its first annual Six by Six on Route 66 Blow Out Art Show. The exhibit will hang June 4th through June 20th, 2009. This event is timed to coincide with the one day Sapulpa's Route 66 Blowout Art Show on June 6, 2009. Combined with the Route 66 car show, this event brings thousands of people to Sapulpa, Oklahoma.
A reception will be held Thursday, June 4, 2009 from 6 - 9 p.m. at the Gallery located at 16 South Water Street, Sapulpa, Oklahoma 918-227-2009. (Map)
Each six by six will sell for $66. One half of the proceeds will be paid to the artist, one fourth to the gallery for overhead, and one fourth to charity.
Artists may pick up one free canvas at Water Street Gallery beginning April 1, 2009. You may also use your own 6 x 6 x 1.5" deep canvas.
Finished canvases should be returned by May 27, 2009. Your work must be signed, have wire hangers and contact information affixed to the back.
Gallery hours are 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
For more details visit our website.
Questions should be directed to: email@example.com or call 918.227.2009.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Tulsa - The Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition's upcoming Tulsa Art Studio Tour will open the studio doors of 11 Tulsa artists in 9 studios. Visitors can get a glimpse into the creative process and see art in action April 4th-5th from noon until 5 p.m. each day.
For art lovers, such access to the inner workings of artists is a rare opportunity to see the other side of the canvas. Visitors will have the chance to talk with artists, view and buy artwork, and see art being made. The tour is self-guided and presented by the Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition.
The artists range from photographers and painters to ceramicists and metalsmiths, representing a variety of stages in their art careers. Tour artists include:
- Kevin Byrne, ceramics, 2316 E. 13th St.
- Glenn Herbert Davis, photography and installation, 2837 W. 21st
- Chris Owens, painting & mixed media, 3613 S. Louisville
- Mary Russell & Lynn Clark, painting, 2236 E. 6th St.
- Cindy Swanson, mosaics, 4224 S. Norfolk Ave.
- Kristal Tomshany, painting & mixed media, 1846 E. 17th St.
- Steadman and Peggy Upham, painting, emtalsmith, 28th & Lewis (Saturday Only)
- David Varmecky, photography, 1104 S. Victor Ave.
- Craig Wood, ceramics, 2733 E. 34th St.
Committee Co-Chairs: Cathy Deuschle and Joey Frisillo
A kick-off celebration and exhibit will be held at the Frame Maker Art Gallery, on Friday, March 27th from 5-8 p.m. This event is free and open to the public, and guests will have a chance to see examples of artwork from artists on the tour, meet the artists, and purchase tour tickets. This exhibit runs from March 17 - April 11, 2009.
Tickets to the tour include a map and are $5 in advance and $10 at the door. Tickets are available online at www.tulsaartstudiotour.org or by phone at 405-232-6991, or at any of the Tour studios the days of the Tour. For more information about the Tulsa Art Studio Tour, visit www.tulsaartstudiotour.org
- More than 3,000 artists participate in OVAC programs yearly
- OVAC has served a vital role in promoting Oklahoma art and supporting Oklahoma artists since 1988, providing training, networking and grant fundign for artists
- Other OVAC events include an annual Momentum in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, the annual OVAC fundraiser 12 x 12 Art Show & Sale and rotating exhibitions Art 365, VisionMakers, and Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition Biennial
- Professional workshops for artists make up OVAC's Artist Survival Kit (ASK) series
- OVAC features Oklahoma arts in its bimonthly magazine Art Focus Oklahoma
- OVAC's Virtual Gallery at www.ovacgallery.com is a searchable website featuring more than 300 artist's works
- OVAC is an Allied Arts Member Agency
More information: Kelsey Karper, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-232-6991, www.ovac-ok.org
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Ruth Harris received a first place ribbon for her entry "Grazing Under the Oklahoma Sky" in the Wild Open Spaces category of the Oklahoma Artists' Guild National Juried Show, 2009. The reception and award ceremony was held March 5, 2009, in Oklahoma City.
Carol Mulcare won first place in oil, professional category, in the Ponca City Art association membership show. The show was juried by Karen York, curator for the Sherwin Miller Museum of Jewish Art in Tulsa. The reception and was held February 8, 2009.
Julie Miller was profiled in the Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition January edition of Focus magazine. The article was researched and written by another Water Street Gallery artist, Sheri Ishmael-Waldrop, and tells of Julie's journey to impressionism. It can be read in full on-line here.
Water Street Gallery artists Betty Dalsing and Ruth Harris have been invited to participate in the 2009 Tulsa International Mayfest Invitational Gallery exhibit. The exhibit will hang from May 14 through May 17, 2009 at 3rd and Boston, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
For all my friends at Water Street as a thank you to everyone's hard work, here's a cheerful bouquet - a sure sign that Spring's just around the corner! This is a little 10 x 8" acrylic on canvas painted from life - those bright yellow blossoms were irresistible.